Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm baaack!

Hey friends -- it's Macy!  Yeah, it's been a while since I've been here -- guess I've been kinda lazy.  Gee, if I could just remember what's been going on the last three months      . . . let's see . . .

Well, Christmas was fun -- I got to see a lot of family that I only get to see once a year, so that was cool.  And, my Uncle Tim was there and was feeling better after his surgery, so he played with me some.  And, Grandma's house is always a fun place to be for me, no matter what is going on.  Oh, and my cousin Chico the Chihuahua mix was there too, although we really don't pay much attention to each other.

Happy New Year (three months late)!  I hope you all are enjoying 2012 so far.  I'm hoping this year will turn out to be much better than the last one.  One good thing that has happened is that mom was hired by the company she was contracting for, so I'm happy for her, but know there's something bigger and better waiting for her someday.

Remember I told you last time that Dr. Kim told me I needed to lose weight?  Well, I visited her a few weeks ago and I'm glad to report that I've lost 5.5 pounds!  I miss my extra treats and still try to steal the kitties food, but I guess it's a good thing that I've lost the weight -- at least that's what I'm told!  I think if I lose another three to five pounds, I'll be where I'm supposed to be.  Yay me!  (A big shout-out to mom though, because I couldn't have done it without her -- lol!)

A bit of unfortunate news -- I've had several of those nasty seizures over the last three months.  After not having any for six or seven months, they've become more frequent, although not any more serious or lengthy.  I hate it and wish they would just go away.  I know it's hard for mom to watch and I'm really tired afterwards -- for a little bit, and then I'm back to myself!  My blood work came back A-okay, so I'm really healthy otherwise. We're still hoping and praying that these silly things will subside or go away completely.

With the nice weather lately, I've been able to go to the Bark Park or on long walks.  I really love to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air.

Mom says Mutt Strut is coming up in a few weeks at the place she used to work, so I hope all my family, friends and acquaintances will step up and donate on my personal Mutt Strut fan page.  Please donate here.   There's only 27 days left, so please find it in your heart and wallet to help Humane Society of Indianapolis and all their programs.  I hope it's not rainy like last year or too hot like a couple of years before that -- a bit cool and overcast would suit me just fine!  Thanks for your support -- I really appreciate it!

No, I'm not having a seizure -- just maxin' and relaxin', 'cause I'm cool like dat! 

Thanks for reading my mutterings and I hope to keep this up better in the future than I have the last few months.

Sending lots of blessings and puppy kisses your way!

Macy G. Mendenhall
macygracin@hotmail.com  (Yes, I have my own email account!)


No comments:

Post a Comment