Sunday, September 4, 2011

My First Blog

Arf!  Er, I mean, Hello!  

I don't know what this "blog" thing is all about, but mom has been thinking that it might be fun to do every so often.  She said something about talking about my thoughts and what's going on in my life.  I might have to talk about my kitty sisters too, but that's okay . . . as long as it's mostly about me!

For those of you who don't know me yet (I hope to meet you soon), my name is Macy Gracin Mendenhall and I was born on November 26, 2007, which makes me almost four years-old.  I was born in a shelter in LaGrange, Indiana, the only child of a German Shepherd mixed-breed doggie.  My mama Tina adopted me shortly before my two-month birthday and I've lived with her and my kitty sisters, Speedy and Halle, in Indianapolis ever since.  

It was touch-and-go right after coming to my new home.  Heck, I was just a baby and leaving my birth mommy was so hard.  I cried, my new mommy cried, but she was so nice and laid on the floor outside my crate until I'd fall asleep to try to comfort me.  It took a while, but we both got through it.  My mommy says that I rescued her -- I don't understand what that means, but I do know that I love her and my kitty sisters so much and am so glad mommy chose me to be her son!  

Oh, yeah, speaking of me being her "son," I am all boy!  A lot of people think that I'm a girl because I'm so "pretty."  Pretty?  I'm freakin' handsome!  I just don't understand it, because there's nothing girlie about me!  Oh, some say my mommy gave me a girl's name, but some think I'm a girl even before they know my name.  I just don't get it.  So, I just want to set the record straight.  (Thanks for letting me vent about that!)

Well, that's an introduction to me for this blog.  I'll try to get on here periodically and tell you more stuff about me and my life.  Until I see you again, I'm sending lots of licks your way!

Macy G. Mendenhall

3 comments:

  1. Well,,, Mr Macy... it is sooo good to see you.. what a handsome gent you have grown to be..
    I send hugs and Doggie Treats all the way from GA
    Your very own..
    Aunt Sheila..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Sheila. I hope you're feeling great and hope to see you soon!

    Please follow my blog.

    Puppy kisses . . .

    Macy

    ReplyDelete